The Minister of Health, Marcelo Queiroga, said this Monday (13th), that the data held by the Ministry that were kidnapped by hackers will be recovered by Tuesday (14). The Ministry had already communicated that it did not identify a loss, but the information remains blocked.
“I believe that until Tuesday, at least this is our expectation,” said the minister. “We already know that there was no data loss and we are working to make this system more secure every day”, he added.
In the early hours of Friday (10), a hacker attack left the Ministry of Health portal down. Ransomware attack, as it is known, is a kind of data hijacking that happens after a system is infected and the program locks the data, preventing the holders of the information from gaining access.
Minister Barroso’s decision
Regarding the decision of STF minister Barroso to make the presentation of the vaccine passport mandatory to enter the country, Queiroga said that a court decision needs to be followed, but that he awaits the final word of the Supreme Court, which must decide on the case this week, with judgment that should start on the 15th.
“It is a decision by Minister Barroso, it will still go through the Plenary and what we understand is that the previous ordinance was in line with the recommendations of the National Health Surveillance Agency, but we live in a democratic regime, there is a tripartition of powers and there is that the decision, if any, of the Court must be observed”, said Queiroga.
Reference: CNN Brasil