Deepak Chopra: We are heading for global catastrophe if we do not pay attention to these five things
With the pandemic already considered to be the biggest cause of global financial stress, millions of jobs lost all over the world and many working parents quitting their jobs to care for their children left home due to the coronavirus, it is now a given that We all suffer psychologically – according to a survey conducted last October by the National Endowment for Financial Education, 4 out of 5 Americans (84%) feel anxious about their finances due to the health crisis.
Deepak Tsopra, expert on issues wellness, as well as a member of the economic well-being council CNBC Invest in You, gives his own advice to achieve the peace of mind we seek especially in the midst of a pandemic.
“Initially, individuals need to focus on overall well-being and not just individual areas, otherwise the consequences could be catastrophic. For example, many people focus solely on their financial well-being. However, financial health is a multifaceted concept and is not only related to increasing income “, points out Tsopra.
“Surely there will be serious and real reasons why you are worried about your finances especially today in such an uncertain period. However, financial prosperity like all things in this life is related to the way of thinking and the perspective from which we choose to see things. “It has nothing to do with the amount of money you have, it has to do with how safe you feel with the money you have,” he explains.
Here are the 5 tips given by Chopra:
- Do not spend money that you have worked hard to obtain, to buy material goods that you do not really need.
- Save 10% of your monthly income. “I’ve been doing it since 1970, when my monthly salary was just $ 202,” he reveals.
- Find an employer who takes care of your employees and offers benefits such as retirement and insurance. This will make you feel less financially insecure.
- Collaborate with people who suit you and inspire you. Otherwise, you will not succeed in what you do.
- And of course, do not ignore your body, mind and emotions. “If you have a healthy body, if you have strong emotional relationships and especially if you are relaxed, be sure that the financial decisions you will need to make will be the right ones.”