Gaming monster: Red Magiс 6S Pro received Snapdragon 888+, 18 GB of RAM and a 165 Hz screen with a 720 Hz sensor
ZTE’s sub-brand Red Magic introduced a new flagship gaming smartphone from the line of the same name. The presentation took place in the homeland of the manufacturer, in China. The fresh model, called the Red Magic 6S Pro, is a slightly updated version of the Red Magic 6 Pro, which was released in early 2021. It is almost identical to the original, but features several modern innovations, including, of course, a more productive mobile platform – now Snadpragon 888+ instead of Snapdragon 888.
The 6.8-inch AMOLED display was equipped with even more advanced characteristics: the refresh rate increased to 165 Hz (was 144 Hz), and the sampling rate of the touch layer (response when pressed) is 720 Hz. The panel has a built-in fingerprint scanner with support for heart rate monitoring. It also claims support for the DC Dimming function, which reduces the PWM level using software algorithms.
Red Magic 6S Pro comes with dual-channel LPDDR5 RAM with a maximum capacity of 18 GB. Since the Snapdragon 888+ is a pretty hot processor, the smartphone uses ICE 7.0 multicomponent cooling system to stabilize the temperature. It consists of a composite graphene, a built-in heatsink, a cooler with a speed of 20,000 rpm, and a heat-conducting gel. The fan is almost twice as quiet as the previous generation, but the airflow has increased by 30%.
Specifications Red Magic 6S Pro:
- Display: 6.8 inches, AMOLED, 2400 × 1080 pixels (Full HD +), 165 Hz refresh rate, 720 Hz touch layer sampling rate.
- CPU: eight-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 888+ (5 nm), 3.0 GHz, Adreno 660.
- RAM: 8/12/16/18 GB (LPDDR5).
- Inner memory: 128/256/512 GB (UFS 3.1).
- Main camera: 64 MP + 8 MP (ultra wide-angle sensor) + 2 MP (macro lens), LED flash.
- Front-camera: 8 megapixels.
- Battery: 4500 mAh, fast charging 120 W.
- Operating system: Android 11 with Red Magic OS 4.5 interface.
- Connection: Wi-Fi 1/2/3/4/5/6/6E, 5G, 4G LTE, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS, BeiDou, GNSS, ГЛОНАСС, NFC.
- Other: in-screen fingerprint scanner, DTS: X Ultra stereo speakers, touch triggers, 3.5 mm headphone audio jack, ICE 7.0 cooling system, USB Type-C 3.0, Dual SIM.
- Dimensions (edit): 169.86 x 77.19 x 9.5 mm, weight – 215 g.
In the home market, the Red Magic 6S Pro is available for pre-order today. Sales are scheduled to start on September 9th. The smartphone is offered in three colors: black, white and transparent edition. Additionally, the brand has prepared a special edition of the Tencent Games Battlefield Camouflage Limited Edition with some accessories included. A global announcement is expected in the coming days.