LPlayer is a video player that plays a variety of video files and helps you get the meanings of words from subtitles (foreign words or difficult/unknown words in your native language).
If you are studying a foreign language and your knowledge of this language is average or above average, then you are probably already trying to watch films in the original.
This application will help you get the translation/meaning of words you still don’t know when watching movies with subtitles in a foreign language by opening the words from the subtitles in a dictionary program
The application can be useful to you not only when watching films in a foreign language with subtitles, but also when watching any documentary, scientific, etc. movies in your native language to get the meaning of any difficult/unknown words, terms, abbreviations
After starting a video with subtitles, you can:
- highlight the words you need in subtitles to open them in a dictionary program (see the list of available dictionaries below).
- jump/rewind between subtitles (phrases), repeat on current subtitles.
If you don’t have subtitles for any videos on your device, then you can try to find and download them in the app itself (“Menu/Subtitles/Search Subtitles”)
You can also hide subtitles (Menu/Subtitles/Hide Subtitles) and still use the subtitle navigation buttons to improve your listening comprehension
All video formats are supported including MKV, MP4, AVI, MOV, TS and M2TS.
ps it’s better to use external subtitles (e.g. “video.srt”), otherwise when you play a new video and it takes ~1GB or more, you will need to wait for internal subtitles to be prepared to initialize all functions with them
- play most video files
- subtitle support
- built-in subtitle downloader
- the ability to highlight words in subtitles to open them in a dictionary program
- ability to switch between subtitles, repeat on current subtitles
- hardware acceleration
- gesture control for volume, brightness and rewind
- double tap on video to pause/resume playback
- subtitle style setting (text color, size, outline, etc.)
- subtitle sync, audio
- video aspect ratio setting
- autoload external subtitles with similar name
- open selected words from subtitles in web browser
- copy selected words from subtitles to clipboard)
LPlayer can send selected words in subtitles to the following applications (dictionaries/translators):
- ColorDict Dictionary
- Golden Dict
- Google translate
- ABBYY Lingvo Dictionaries
- Offline dictionaries
- Fora Dictionary
- English Dictionary Offline
- Korean Dictionary & Translate
- Aard 2
Source: Trash Box