The efforts to locate survivors in the ruins, following the partial collapse of a 12-storey building in Miami Beach, Florida, early on Thursday morning (24/06), rescue teams continue. The road race to save as many lives as possible is underway, at the same time as the number of missing is growing.
Authorities are still searching for 99 people who did not show signs of life after the collapse of the residential building near Miami, said Miami-Dade Police Chief Freddie Ramirez, expressing fear of a heavy casualty account.
So far, 53 people have been identified, but “We have no news of 99 people”, stated, according to American media and as relayed by APE-MPE.
At least one person has been killed in the disaster, the cause of which has not yet been determined, and Florida Gov. Ron DeSadis has said he is preparing “for bad news.”
At least 18 citizens of Latin American countries are among the missing
As the consulates of Argentina, Paraguay and Uruguay announced earlier, at least 18 people from the three Latin American countries are missing after the collapse of a 12-storey residential complex in Florida.
The causes of the accident are still unclear.