Prince Charles in the storm: money to his Foundation in exchange for royal honors

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

If it wasn’t enough Prince Andrew, increasingly entangled in the case of the pedophile billionaire Epstein, it rained on the British Crown a new scandal. Which this time even casts a shadow on the future King Charles of England. Or at least on his The Prince’s Foundation, the body that raises funds for charitable works and for interventions to protect British cultural heritage. Michael Fawcett, former valet of Carlo and for years his main collaborator as well as chief executive of the Prince’s Foundation, he resigned after it turned out that gave a Saudi businessman, in exchange for (a lot of) money, a royal honor and British citizenship. Douglas Connell, president of the Prince’s Foundation, said that an internal investigation would be launched and that Fawcett presented his resignation and offered full cooperation to the police.

According to the reconstruction of Daily Mail e Sunday Times the foundation would have received one and a half million pounds from the Saudi tycoon Mahfouz Marei Mubarak bin Mahfouz which in return earned the title of Commander of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire (CBE). The award was given to him directly by Carlo in 2016 in a private ceremony at Buckingham Palace not appearing on the Court Circular, the register that records the public activities of each Royal. Not only that: Fawcett he had also promised the billionaire British citizenship, as can be seen from one letter which he sent in 2017 to an assistant of Bin Mahfouz: “In the light of the continuous and more recent generosity of His Excellency”, writes Carlo’s closest collaborator, “I am pleased to confirm, in confidence, that we are available and happy to support and contribute to the citizenship application“. The director of the Foundation, in the same letter, also said he was ready to apply for an upgrade of the honor obtained by the tycoon in 2006: from CBE to KBE, which is the highly coveted knighthood. “I can further confirm,” the letter reads, “that we are willing to submit an application to increase His Excellency’s honor from honorary CBE to that of KBE in accordance with His Majesty’s Honor Committee.”

Fawcett, Charles’s footman since the 1980s (he was said to put toothpaste on the prince’s toothbrush every morning) was fgot into trouble as early as 2003 when he had had to defend himself from the accusations of having sold “royal gifts”, gadgets and souvenirs of the crown that are given to collaborators or visiting dignitaries. Even then he had been forced to resignation but Carlo, who now considered him a friend and a confidant as well as a trusted man (“I can do without everyone but not him») First gave him a new job as party organizer and then offered him the big opportunity with the foundation.

Prince Charles, as a source close to the royal family clarified, “is completely unrelated to the story and he was absolutely unaware of the links between donations and awards ». But the British press wonders: Carlo might not have known that the title to the Saudi billionaire had been promised in exchange for rich donations? And how many times has this happened? What is certain is that after Prince Andrew the royal family needed everything except a new scandal. Former minister Norman Baker has already pointed out that the sale of honors is a crime and that he will contact the head of the metropolitan police, Cressida Dick, to ask her to open an investigation that could prove very embarrassing for the heir to the throne.

Source Link

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.