Sean “Diddy” Combs apologized this Sunday (19) for physically attacking his ex-girlfriend Cassie Ventura, two days after the CNN published an exclusive video from hotel security cameras from 2016, in which Combs appeared pushing, dragging and kicking Ventura.
“My behavior in that video is inexcusable. I take full responsibility for my actions,” the rapper said in a video posted on Instagram.
“I was disgusted when I did it. I'm disgusted now. I went and sought professional help. I started going to therapy, going to rehab. I had to ask God for his mercy and grace. I'm very sorry. But I'm committed to being a better man every day. I'm not asking for forgiveness. I am deeply sorry.”, he added.
Combs had previously denied Ventura's assault allegations, which were the basis of a now-settled federal lawsuit filed by his ex-girlfriend in November.
Surveillance footage, compiled from multiple camera angles dated March 5, 2016, appears to show the rapper, producer and business mogul during an incident that, according to Ventura's complaint, occurred at the now-closed InterContinental Hotel in Century City, Los Angeles.
A CNN verified the location based on publicly available photos of the former hotel's interior.
In the video, Ventura leaves a hotel room and walks to a set of elevators. Combs, holding a towel around his waist, runs down a hallway after Ventura. He grabs her by the back of the head and throws her to the ground. Still holding the towel closed with one hand, he turns to kick it, the video shows.
While Ventura is on the floor, Combs grabs a bag and a suitcase from the floor near the elevators. He turns around and kicks Ventura again as she lies motionless on the ground.
About four seconds pass between the two kicks, according to the video. He then briefly drags Ventura by his hoodie towards a room before walking away.
The ex-girlfriend is then seen slowly getting up. She gathers items from the floor and goes to get a phone from the wall in the hallway, near the elevators. The rapper, still in a towel and socks, returns. A mirror in front of the security camera shows Combs pushing Ventura.
Seconds later, he sits down on a chair, picks up an object from a table and throws it hard towards Ventura. Combs is seen walking away and then turns to Ventura once again as the elevator door opens and someone appears to step out.
Ventura, who reached an undisclosed agreement with the rapper, declined to comment on the video obtained by CNN .
The ex-girlfriend's attorney, Douglas H. Wigdor, said: “The distressing video only further confirmed Mr. Combs' disturbing and predatory behavior.Words cannot express the courage and fortitude that Ms. Ventura demonstrated in bringing this the light.”
The Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office issued a statement Friday regarding the 2016 surveillance video.
“We are aware of the video circulating online allegedly depicting Sean Combs assaulting a young woman in Los Angeles. We find the images extremely disturbing and difficult to watch,” says the statement posted on Instagram.
“If the conduct depicted occurred in 2016, unfortunately we would not be able to prosecute as the behavior would have occurred beyond the time frame in which a crime of assault can be prosecuted. To date, authorities have not brought any cases related to the attack depicted in the video against Mr. Combs, but we encourage anyone who has been a victim or witness to a crime to report it to authorities or contact our office for support from our Office of Victim Services,” the district attorney’s office said.
The Los Angeles Police Department is “aware of the video” but does not have an open investigation involving Combs, he told CNN in a statement on Saturday morning (18).
The department did not respond to the CNN about whether a report was ever filed about the assault.
When contacted by CNN a representative from InterContinental Hotels said on Friday (17): “This hotel is no longer under the management of IHG and we do not have any access to records or footage of previous incidents.”
Source: CNN Brasil

Bruce Belcher is a seasoned author with over 5 years of experience in world news. He writes for online news websites and provides in-depth analysis on the world stock market. Bruce is known for his insightful perspectives and commitment to keeping the public informed.