Simultaneous with the Sigma 90mm F2.8 DG DN | Contemporary Sigma has unveiled another full-frame lens for mirrorless cameras with Sony E and Leica L mounts. This is the wide-angle Sigma 24mm F2 DG DN | Contemporary. Originally designed for modern mirrorless cameras, the lens is said to feature high resolution. Sharp, high-contrast images are achieved not only in the center of the frame, but also around the edges, and the wide field of view and maximum aperture of f / 2 make the lens well suited for shooting interiors, public events and the starry sky.
Sigma 24mm F2 DG DN Lens Specifications | Contemporary:
- focal length – 24 mm;
- aperture – f / 2.0-f / 22;
- optical design – 13 elements in 11 groups, including an FLD element, 2 aspherical elements and 2 SLD elements;
- the number of aperture blades – 9;
- minimum focusing distance – 0.25 m;
- maximum magnification – 0.15x;
- filter installation diameter – 62 mm;
- diameter – 70 mm;
- length – 72 mm (Leica L), 74 mm (Sony E);
- weight – 365 g (Leica L), 360 g (Sony E).
Sales are due to start this month at $ 639. Sample images taken with the Sigma 24mm F2 DG DN | Contemporary, can be found on the manufacturer’s website.