As expected, Sony has unveiled the FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS II lens, preliminary information on which appeared a few days ago. The new addition to the G Master line, according to the manufacturer, is characterized by “an exceptional combination of resolution and bokeh, as well as unrivaled autofocus performance.”
This is the 65th Sony E mount model in the manufacturer’s catalog. It is claimed to be the lightest zoom lens in the world with a constant maximum aperture of f / 2.8, covering a 70-200mm focal length range. The lens is equipped with a linear autofocus drive and an optical stabilizer.
Sony FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS II Lens Specifications:
- focal length – 70-200 mm;
- aperture – f / 2.8-f / 22;
- optical design – 17 elements in 14 groups, including 3 ED elements, 2 Super ED elements, an aspherical ED element and an “extreme aspherical” AX element;
- the minimum focusing distance is 0.4 m;
- the maximum magnification is 0.13x;
- the number of aperture blades – 11;
- filter installation diameter – 77 mm;
- diameter – 88 mm;
- length – 200 mm;
- weight – 1045 g.
The Sony FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS II is slated to start shipping in December for around $ 2,800. Lens hood and tripod mount included.