Together with the announcement of the flagship smartphones of the Galaxy S23 series, Samsung plans to release a new version of the proprietary One UI shell. The update will bring a number of new features, and at the disposal of the WinFuture resource was the official list of most of the upcoming changes. In general, OneUI 5.1 is a minor update of the shell, which is primarily focused on functional improvements, no major design changes are expected.
The following is a list of what’s coming in OneUI 5.1, but none of the changes listed are final. It is also worth noting that certain features will only be supported by certain device models.
- quick access to the Expert RAW mode in the camera (from the “Advanced” menu), which allows you to take pictures without any processing or compression;
- an even easier way to change the skin tone for a selfie with the Effects button;
- shared family photo and video album + 5 GB of disk space for each family member (up to 6 people);
- improved automatic processing of photos with the removal of shadows and highlights;
- swipe up opens a panel with detailed information about the picture;
- improved and more functional gallery search;
- the ability to select a folder to save screenshots;
- AR Emoji Camera (masks) can be used for three people in photo and video;
- brushes for AR Doodles available on the main screen + new tool (eraser);
- new battery and weather widgets;
- the ability to set different desktop wallpapers for different modes of operation;
- additional conditions and actions when creating scripts;
- sharing notes in Samsung Notes;
- a more convenient interface for adding users to the list of shared access to albums, notes, calendar and other system programs;
- advanced collaboration options for Samsung smartphones and laptops;
- improved DeX multitasking (you can resize windows in split screen mode or snap a window to one of the corners so that it takes up a quarter of the screen);
- setting recommendations are displayed at the top of the screen;
- improved search in the browser;
- accelerated initial setup of a new Galaxy smartphone by scanning a QR code on an old device;
- detailed weather on the main screen;
- Bixby text calls (the user sees in the chat what the caller is saying and can enter answers that will be announced to the interlocutor by the Bixby voice assistant). Available in English and Korean.
In the future, Samsung wants to release One UI 5.1 for a large number of officially supported smartphones. Exclusive features will be available for Galaxy S23 models.
Source: Trash Box
I’m Meagan Diaz, a news writer and author at World Stock Market. My main focus is on technology and stock market trends, and I’m passionate about helping readers stay informed on the ever-changing landscape. I bring extensive knowledge of the industry to my work as well as a knack for storytelling that makes my articles both accessible and engaging.