The Xbox continues to attack the PlayStation. Looks like Microsoft bought five more game development studios
Microsoft does not seem to be going to stop in the growing console war with Sony.
Apparently, the regiment of internal Xbox studios has arrived lately. Moreover, we are supposedly talking about replenishing the troops at once for five studios.
The author of the Xbox News Cast podcast hinted at this first, and then Venturebeat analyst and journalist Jeff Grubb added details.
So, according to all this data, the Xbox now has 28 internal studios versus 23 in the recent past. Probably, we are talking about the following companies:
- IO Interactive, known for the Hitman series
- Avalanche owning the Mad Max and Just Cause series
- Crytek, which needs no special introduction
- NetherRealm, known for its fighting games Injustice
- Rocksteady, responsible for the Batman: Arkham line of games
That is, these are quite well-known studios in the industry that have created very popular projects. For now, we can rely on the words of the head of Xbox that not all new games of the internal studios of the brand will be exclusive, but all of them will definitely be released in Game Pass on the very first day.