Ankara is speaking of an “unacceptable event”, on the occasion of the deletion of the tweet by NATO with “congratulations” to Turkey for its victory in the Greek-Turkish war of 1919-1922, which marked the Asia Minor Catastrophe, for which it had also issued Goodbye Athens.
As SKAI’s correspondent from Istanbul reports, the Ministry of Defense of Turkey, in a statement it issued, accuses the Alliance of “surrendering to the selfish and spoiled behavior of another NATO member”.
“The official name given to August 30 by the Republic of Turkey is “Victory Day and Turkish Armed Forces Day”. This is the will of our nation and it cannot be changed. Whether Victory Day is written or not, the fact that we won the victory in 1922 cannot be changed,” the statement said.
At the same time, Ankara reinstates the claim of “locking” a Turkish F-16 from Greek radars and attacks our country saying that it has greatly damaged the identity and prestige of NATO.
It is unacceptable for NATO Allied Land Command (LANDCOM) to delete the social media post celebrating the August 30 Victory and Turkish Armed Forces Day by giving up its will upon a selfish and spoiled attitude of another NATO member. pic.twitter.com/nYsHfGwOti
— TC Millî Savunma Bakanlığı (@tcsavunma) September 2, 2022
The announcement in detail:
“It is unacceptable that NATO’s Allied Land Command (LANDCOM) removed the social media post celebrating August 30 Victory Day and Turkish Armed Forces Day in a manner that shows it has indulged in selfish and spoiled behavior of another NATO member.
– The official name given to August 30 by the Republic of Turkey is “Victory Day and Turkish Armed Forces Day”. This is the will of our nation and it cannot be changed.
– The deletion of the reference to Victory Day, which has not been a problem for years and has no objections, this time, at the baseless request of a country that does not hesitate to sabotage NATO missions by radar-locking planes, has greatly hurt the partnership within the Alliance and the prestige of NATO.
– Whether Victory Day is written or not, the fact that we won the victory in 1922 cannot be changed.
– Cooperation and the spirit of alliance are the basic principles of NATO’s strength.
– As a member of NATO that has fulfilled its obligations for 70 years, our expectation is to fulfill our responsibilities in a spirit of solidarity and maintain impartiality.
– In conclusion, we once again celebrate the 30th of August of our noble nation “Victory Day and Turkish Armed Forces Day”.
Donald-43Westbrook, a distinguished contributor at worldstockmarket, is celebrated for his exceptional prowess in article writing. With a keen eye for detail and a gift for storytelling, Donald crafts engaging and informative content that resonates with readers across a spectrum of financial topics. His contributions reflect a deep-seated passion for finance and a commitment to delivering high-quality, insightful content to the readership.