UNHCR Princess Latifah: We have not yet received any evidence that she is alive

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

UNHCR “has not yet” received evidence that the Princess Latifah, daughter of the ruler of Dubai, who says that she is being held against her will and is afraid for her life, according to a representative of the Commission, the APE reports.

“No, not yet,” said Rupert Colville, a spokesman for the UNHCR, when asked during a regular briefing at the United Nations in Geneva.

The spokesman said that there had been communication between the UNHCR and the representatives of the Emirates in Geneva, but without much results.

The United Nations said on February 19 that it had asked the United Arab Emirates (UAE) for evidence that the 35-year-old princess, daughter of Mohammed bin Rashid al-Maktoum, leader of the Emirate of Dubai and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates, was alive.

She had tried unsuccessfully to escape by boat from this city-state in the Gulf in 2018, before being transported back to the emirate.

Her relatives broadcast videos in which she says she is locked in a “mansion that has been turned into a prison” with sealed windows and under police guard. They state that they are no longer younger than her.

According to the British television network BBC, the videos were filmed about a year after her failed escape attempt.

On 19 February, the UAE Embassy in London issued a statement stating: “Her family has confirmed that her senior is being cared for at home, with the support of her family and health professionals. will return to public life in due course. “

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.