Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky said on Saturday that Kiev’s counter-offensive was “moving forward” after making some small gains in his campaign to reclaim territory seized by Russia.
“Ukrainian forces are advancing. Despite everything and no matter what anyone says, we are moving forward, and that is the most important thing. We’re on the move,” Zelenksy said on X, formerly known as Twitter.
It’s not clear who Zelensky is referring to exactly, but the counter-offensive that Ukraine began earlier this year has yet to make any significant headway. Last month, Western officials described updates on its progress as “disturbing”.
This week, Ukrainian forces reported breaching the first line of Russian defenses in the south.
Zelensky’s statement echoes what Ukraine’s Foreign Minister Dmytro Kuleba told the CNN , on Friday (1st). Kuleba said that Ukraine’s partners, including the United States, “understand that things are moving in the right direction” and that there is “no slowdown” in progress.
And he added that those who criticize the pace of the counter-offensive should pay greater attention to the soldiers leading it.
“How does it feel when you come back from a mission and you pick up your phone and open it up and start reading all the smart people saying how slow you are and not doing well enough?” Kuleba said.
Source: CNN Brasil
Bruce Belcher is a seasoned author with over 5 years of experience in world news. He writes for online news websites and provides in-depth analysis on the world stock market. Bruce is known for his insightful perspectives and commitment to keeping the public informed.