Home World Juan Carlos: His Ex-Mistress’ Harassment Case ‘Blocked’ – Court Says ‘She Had...

Juan Carlos: His Ex-Mistress’ Harassment Case ‘Blocked’ – Court Says ‘She Had Immunity’

0
Juan Carlos: His Ex-Mistress’ Harassment Case ‘Blocked’ – Court Says ‘She Had Immunity’

The former king of Spain gained ground today, Tuesday (6/12). Juan Carlos who managed to block the case concerning the harassment of his former lover.

The 84-year-old former monarch is facing a lawsuit from Corina Chou Zain-Wittgenstein-Zain, which alleges that Juan Carlos has led a campaign of harassment against her since 2012 that continues. Juan Carlos emphatically denies Wittgenstein’s claims.

Juan Carlos’ lawyers told the Court of Appeal in London last month that any alleged harassment before his abdication in 2014 he is covered by immunity.

But Sein-Wittgenstein’s lawyers say so the acts of harassment were private acts done in the service of the former monarch’s “hidden agenda”.

Today his appeal was upheld, with Judge Ingrid Simler saying in a written ruling: “The alleged conduct prior to the abdication is immune from the jurisdiction of the courts of this country.”

The judge emphasized that the alleged acts carried out, before the resignation of Juan Carlos, by General Sant Roldan, then head of the Spanish intelligence service CNI, “could be attributed to the Spanish state”.

“It was only his (Juan Carlos) position as head of state that allowed him to push the head of the security service to act in the manner alleged, using the CNI, whatever his private motives, and however abusive they may have been ” Simler pointed out, as reported by the Athens News Agency.

Zain-Wittgenstein’s lawyer Michael Kim of law firm Kobre & Kim said in an emailed statement: “Corinna’s claim can now proceed to trial at the High Court in London.”

“The vast majority of Corinna’s claim, from 2014, remains unaffected and should proceed to trial. He makes very serious allegations of harassment that continued over a long period, which will be examined in detail when the trial takes place,” he added.

Lawyers representing Juan Carlos did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Juan Carlos, once respected for his role in Spain’s transition to democracy, was forced to abdicate in 2014 after a series of scandals including his affair with Seine-Wittgenstein, and is now seen as an obstacle to the son of, King Felipe.

Spanish prosecutors dropped two fraud investigations into the former king’s business dealings in March after failing to find sufficient evidence of criminal activity, following a similar move by Swiss prosecutors last December.

Source: News Beast

NO COMMENTS

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here